McLean Values are at the core of everything we do. As clinicians, researchers, educators, administrators and support staff, we conduct ourselves in ways that reflect our deep commitment to integrity, compassion and respect, diversity and teamwork, excellence and innovation. These Values are the essence of McLean; they are at once emblematic of who we are and what we aspire to be.
~ Scott L. Rauch, MD, President and Psychiatrist in Chief, McLean Hospital
McLean Hospital is dedicated to improving the lives of people and families affected by psychiatric illness.
McLean pursues this mission by:
- Providing the highest quality compassionate, specialized and effective clinical care, in partnership with those whom we serve
- Conducting state-of-the art scientific investigation to maximize discovery and accelerate translation of findings towards achieving prevention and cures
- Training the next generation of leaders in psychiatry, mental health and neuroscience
- Providing public education to facilitate enlightened policy and eliminate stigma
We dedicate ourselves each and every day to McLean's mission of clinical care, scientific discovery, professional training and public education in order to improve the lives of people with psychiatric illness and their families.
In all of our work, we strive to:
- Conduct ourselves with unwavering integrity
- Demonstrate compassion and respect for our patients, their families and our colleagues
- Foster an environment that embraces diversity and promotes teamwork
- Achieve excellence and ever-better effectiveness and efficiency through innovation