Information for Patients, Families and Friends
We are here to help you. At McLean Hospital, we dedicate ourselves to providing you with compassionate and respectful specialized psychiatric care. Together with you, we will seek to chart a path toward your recovery and well-being. The information in this section provides an overview of what you can expect at McLean and provides answers to questions and concerns that patients and their families and friends may have.
Guides to Inpatient Care: For Patients, Families and Friends
Guides to Inpatient Care provide helpful information about inpatient care for patients, families and friends. These materials were written with valuable contributions from McLean's Patient and Family Advisory Council.
- Guide to Arriving at McLean Hospital and Guide to Inpatient Care at McLean Hospital present information in an easily accessible series of frequently asked questions. The guides are organized into sections for patients and for families and friends.
- Checklist: What to Bring offers a list of items helpful to patients during an inpatient stay at McLean Hospital. The Checklist also provides a list of helpful McLean Hospital telephone numbers.
- Personal Notes—one booklet designed for patients and one for families and friends—offer an opportunity to jot down thoughts, feelings, questions, concerns, and reminders related to care during a hospital inpatient stay.
- Patient Billing and Financial Assistance Policy provides information to help navigate this often complex aspect of patient care.
- Guide to Transitioning from Inpatient Care addresses questions that are often posed by families, as their loved ones prepare to leave an inpatient unit at McLean.
- For more information on directions, parking, and local accommodations, please visit our Maps & Directions page.
Downloading some of these items requires a PDF program. Adobe Reader can be downloaded for free here.
How helpful is the information provided in these guides? Please share ideas on how we may improve the guides by email: email@example.com.