McLean Borden Cottage provides attentive, individualized care for drug and alcohol addiction. Our clinicians are experts in substance abuse recovery, rehabilitation and relapse prevention and are here to help motivate you or someone you care about to take the necessary steps to overcome addiction.
Who We Serve
We provide substance abuse and drug addiction treatment and care to a diverse group of individuals, including those who:
- Require treatment following the completion of detoxification.
- Have addictive disorders complicated by other psychiatric issues such as depression and anxiety.
- Seek longer-term individualized care in a discreet, serene setting.
- Require medication evaluation and management.
- Are ambivalent about making the changes needed to maintain sustained recovery.
- Have previously completed a treatment program but have relapsed or are at risk to relapse.
- Have tried other treatment programs but were not ready for and/or satisfied with the previous care.
- Individualized care designed to address the mental, physical, and spiritual components of addictive disorders by integrating empirically supported treatments with twelve-step and other self-help resources.
- Utilization of an effective recovery and rehabilitation approach to alcohol and drug addiction and contributing co-occurring psychiatric conditions through psychological treatments including motivated-enhancement therapy (MET), cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), mindfulness-based cognitive therapy, and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT).
- Intensive on-site diagnostic assessment including medication evaluation and management.
- Treatment provided under the supervision of Harvard Medical School-affiliated clinicians who are expert in substance use disorders and related psychiatric conditions.
- Intensive individual therapies, small group treatment and extensive health education.
- Comprehensive mind and body recovery program that includes yoga, individualized fitness plans, nutrition education, smoking cessation, expressive art and music therapies.
- Hands-on support and education for family members and significant others as well as close collaboration with referrers and community providers.
- Careful aftercare planning and coordination to facilitate and implement an effective post-discharge treatment strategy.
- A specialty track for those who have remained abstinent from substance abuse but have psychiatric issues that need to be addressed to foster full recovery.
- Integral component of the internationally recognized McLean Hospital Division of Alcohol and Drug Abuse, which has an unparalleled history of clinical, research and educational leadership in the substance abuse field.