Who We Serve
McLean Borden Cottage provides treatment and care to a diverse group of individuals, including those who:
- Require treatment following the completion of detoxification.
- Have addictive disorders complicated by other psychiatric issues.
- Seek longer-term individualized care in a discreet, serene, healing setting.
- Require medication evaluation and management.
- Need to make lifestyle changes to maintain sustained recovery.
- Have previously completed a treatment program but have relapsed, are at risk to relapse, or have frequent cravings and urges.
- Integral component of the internationally recognized McLean Hospital Division of Alcohol and Drug Abuse that has an unparalleled history of clinical, research and educational leadership in the substance abuse field.
- Treatment provided under the supervision of Harvard Medical School-affiliated clinicians expert in substance use disorders and related psychiatric conditions.
- Individualized care designed to address the mental, physical, and spiritual components of addictive disorders by integrating empirically supported treatments with twelve-step and other self-help resources.
- One-on-one therapy, small group treatment and extensive education regarding addiction.
- Utilization of an effective recovery and rehabilitation approach to alcohol and drug addiction and contributing co-occurring psychiatric conditions.
- Psychological treatments including: cognitive behavior therapy; dialectical behavior therapy; mindfulness-based cognitive therapy; acceptance and commitment therapy; as well as other relational approaches.
- Intensive on-site diagnostic assessment.
- Psychopharmacology evaluation and medication management.
- Highly skilled addiction and mental health staff providing 24-hour on-site residential support.
- Comprehensive mind and body recovery program that includes yoga, individualized fitness plans, nutrition education, smoking cessation, expressive art and music therapies.
- Hands-on support and education for family members and significant others, as well as close collaboration with referrers and community providers.
- Careful aftercare planning and coordination to facilitate and implement an effective post-discharge treatment strategy.