At McLean Pavilion, we work with you one-on-one, using a full neurologic and medical diagnostic work-up along with other necessary medical tests to determine the most successful psychiatric treatment plan for you. This commitment to examining the biological as well as the emotional components of your illness ensures that our team explores every avenue in searching for effective solutions. Let us help you. Call 617.855.2874 today to speak with our director of admissions, Cathy McCool, LICSW.
Both the diagnosis and treatment plan take into account a patient's previous medical and neurologic history. Special attention is paid to stress management, fitness and diet.
A core element of McLean Pavilion is access to an unrivaled network of diagnostic services through McLean Hospital and its affiliations with Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women's Hospital and Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital.
Evaluation and assessment include:
- Expert psychiatric and psychopharmacologic consultation, allowing definitive diagnosis and treatment of difficult symptoms
- Neurologic evaluation by Pavilion's neuropsychiatry group, pioneers in the interface between psychiatry and neurology
- Clinical and cutting-edge research-based brain imaging and electrophysiologic testing, as well as a comprehensive sleep study
- Medical consultation
- Family evaluation by experienced and knowledgeable clinical staff
- Psychological and neuropsychological testing
- Educational, supportive and psychotherapeutic group programs
- Nutritional evaluation
- Individual assessment and daily psychotherapy
- Clinical summary outlining diagnostic impressions and therapeutic recommendations provided to patients and referring clinicians
- Specialty consultations in the areas of substance abuse, workplace stress management, impulse control disorders, trauma and post-traumatic stress, geriatrics, electroconvulsive therapy and forensic evaluation