McLean Hospital Title:
- Assistant Neuroscientist, Laboratory for Translational and Affective Neuroscience
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Alexis E. Whitton, PhD, is an instructor in psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and a research fellow at McLean Hospital. She is also a NHMRC CJ Martin Early Career Fellow with dual appointments at McLean Hospital and the Brain & Mind Research Institute in Sydney, Australia. Her research interests focus on using multimodal neuroimaging to develop a mechanistic understanding of the differences in reward processing among individuals with unipolar and bipolar depressive disorders.
In addition to her work in affective neuroscience, Dr. Whitton has contributed to the development of several internet-based interventions for mood disorders, including Australia’s first tailored, therapist-unassisted web and mobile phone intervention for depression, anxiety, and stress. In recognition of her accomplishments, Dr. Whitton was recently awarded a prestigious NHMRC/R. G. Menzies Fellowship.
Education & Training:
- 2008 BPsych, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
- 2013 MA in Clinical Psychology, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
- 2013 PhD in Clinical Psychology, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
- 2015 Clinical and Research Fellow, Laboratory for Translational and Affective Neuroscience, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
Belmont campus - de Marneffe Building, Room 233B