McLean Hospital Title:
- Director, Developmental Studies
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Lecturer on Psychiatry (Nursing Education)
Carol Glod, RN, PhD, is provost and senior vice president for Academic Affairs and professor, Health Sciences, Merrimack College in Andover, Massachusetts. Prior academic appointments include professor of nursing at Northeastern University and Salem State University. Her program of research is focused on the psychobiology and treatment of psychiatric disorders, with an emphasis on mood disorders and disorders of childhood and adolescence. She is the author of over 60 peer-reviewed publications and the textbook, Contemporary Psychiatric Nursing.
Dr. Glod was honored with the Excellence in Teaching Award from Northeastern, and recently named a Living Legend by the New England Psychiatric Nurses Association. She is a fellow in the prestigious American Academy of Nursing.
Education & Training:
- 1980 BSN, University of Rochester
- 1983 MS in Psychiatric Nursing, Boston College
- 1994 PhD in Nursing, Boston College
- 1990 Adult Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), American Nurses Credential Center