McLean Hospital Title:
- Psychobiologist, Preclinical Pharmacology Program
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
Carol A. Paronis, PhD, is an investigator in the Preclinical Pharmacology Program at McLean Hospital and member of the faculty of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Paronis received her PhD in pharmacology from Emory University, and completed post-doctoral fellowships in pharmacology at the University of Michigan and in biopsychology at Harvard University. She is interested in understanding the behavioral consequences of repeated exposure to drugs and how drug properties influence the expression of drug dependence, addiction, or tolerance.
Dr. Paronis currently serves on the editorial board for Behavioural Pharmacology and serves on several committees for the American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics.
Education & Training:
- 1985 BS, Tufts University
- 1993 PhD, Emory University
- 1993-1995 Post-Doctoral Fellow, University of Michigan
- 1996-1997 Post-Doctoral Fellow, NERPRC, Harvard University
Belmont campus - Oaks Building