McLean Hospital Title:
- Medical Director, Dissociative Disorders and Trauma Inpatient Program
- Director, McLean Hospital Initiative for LGBTQ Mental Health
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Dr. Leslie is the founder and director of the McLean Hospital Initiative for LGBTQ Mental Health, a program dedicated to improving the lives of LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and gender nonconforming, and questioning or queer-identified) people and families affected by psychiatric illness through clinical care, research, education, and community building. Dr. Leslie also serves as medical director of Proctor House 2, the inpatient program of the Dissociative Disorders and Trauma Programs.
Dr. Leslie’s clinical and research interests include challenges facing the LGBTQ community (especially mental health disparities and positive identity formation) and issues affecting survivors of trauma (including complex PTSD). He is committed to training and serves as a supervisor and teacher within the MGH-McLean residency. Dr. Leslie sits on a several administrative committees and has led or participated in several quality initiatives at McLean.
Education & Training:
- 2000 AB in Cognitive Neuroscience, Harvard College
- 2004 MD, Dartmouth Medical School
- 2004-2008 Cambridge Health Alliance
- 2008-2009 Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute
- 2010 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Belmont campus - Proctor House, Room 313A