McLean Hospital Title:
- Director, Pathways Academy
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Assistant Professor of Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Roya Ostovar, PhD, is an expert in child, adolescent, and adult psychology including the diagnosis and treatment of autism spectrum disorders, developmental disorders, learning disabilities, sensory processing disorder, academic challenges, school anxiety and avoidance, executive function difficulties, and social pragmatics disorder and social skills training. Dr. Ostovar is also trained in neuropsychological and psychological assessment, developing effective clinical and educational plans, transition planning, and coaching. She is the director of Pathways Academy at McLean Hospital.
Dr. Ostovar has been a staff psychologist at McLean Hospital since 2001 and is nationally recognized for her extensive work and expertise in autism spectrum disorders and sensory processing disorder. She is a published author and has been actively involved in the teaching and supervision of medical students, residents, and post-doctoral fellows since she joined the Harvard Medical School faculty.
Ostovar R. The ultimate guide to sensory processing disorder: easy, everyday solutions to sensory challenges. Arlington, TX: Sensory World, 2010.
Ostovar R, DiVittore K. 5 things you need to know about social skills coaching: your guide to better communication skills in the modern world. Arlington, TX: Future Horizons, 2017.
Education & Training:
- 1985 BS in Biology, University of Massachusetts
- 1992 Master of Clinical Social Work, Boston University
- 1996 MA in Clinical Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology
- 1997 PhD in Clinical Psychology, California School of Professional Psychology
- 1996-1997 Internship, University of California, Irvine
- 1997-1998 Neuropsychiatric Institute and Hospital, University of California, Los Angeles
- 2001 Psychology License, Healthcare Provider, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - East House, Room 151