Addiction to drugs or alcohol is a recognized medical condition. If you think you or a loved one has a substance abuse problem, McLean Hospital can help. We offer multiple options for compassionate care through a range of treatment programs proven to get you started on the road to recovery.
Recognizing drug and alcohol addiction.
Some of the signs of drug and alcohol abuse are:
- Getting high or drunk on a regular basis
- Lying, especially about the amount one is using or drinking
- Avoiding friends and family members
- Talking or thinking a lot about using drugs or alcohol
- A belief in needing to use or drink to have fun
- Getting in trouble with the law or excessive risk taking under the influence of a substance
- Diminishing work performance
- Feeling depressed or hopeless, or having thoughts of self-harm or suicide
McLEAN IS HERE TO HELP.
At McLean Hospital, we know that substance abuse, including addiction to drugs and alcohol, can cause serious problems at work, school, in relationships, and with the law. For more than 40 years, McLean Hospital has been providing best-in-class care for patients struggling with substance abuse. Our Harvard Medical School-affiliated clinicians can help you break the cycle and take control of your life with a range of treatment options proven to improve the lives of individuals and families burdened by drug and alcohol addiction.