In September 2013, the hospital launched a user-friendly, visually appealing way for patients, families, visitors, staff, and referral sources to obtain information while on the go. Anyone can now pick up a smartphone or tablet and visit mcleanhospital.org to experience the new McLean mobile website.
According to Ian Dowe, director of Marketing and Outreach, the site was launched with consumers in mind. “We are working to make McLean more accessible and welcoming, and we wanted to create a site that would answer people’s questions and quickly get them the information they needed,” said Dowe.
Mobile website features:
- Information about McLean’s programs, services and schools
- Mapping and directions for both Belmont and McLean SouthEast campus locations
- One-touch calling for admissions and hospital services
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the admissions process
- Current listing of hospital news and upcoming events
- Easy access to the full McLean website for more information
“People are spending more and more time using their phones and tablets to access the web. By identifying what information our visitors were typically searching for, we created mobile- friendly content that could be easily read on these devices,” said Public Affairs Strategist Scott O’Brien, who, along with Dowe and Senior Director of Business Development Nancy Hoines, MPH, spearheaded the project.
Journalist or member of the media? We are available 24/7 for media requests.