McLean Hospital Title:
- Psychiatrist, Clinical Evaluation Center
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychiatry, Part-Time
Aaron L. Frenz, MD, is a board certified psychiatrist who completed residency at MGH/McLean Adult Psychiatry Residency Training Program in 2005. Dr. Frenz then trained for a year in dialectical behavior therapy at Two Brattle Center and completed a two-year training program in individual psychotherapy at The Center for Psychoanalytic Studies at MGH and Harvard Medical School. Currently, he is a psychiatrist at the Clinical Evaluation Center (CEC) and within the Center of Excellence in Alcohol, Drugs, and Addiction.
Dr. Frenz has served in inpatient, outpatient, and residential capacities over the last decade. He has followed outpatients in both medication management and therapy, worked as a psychiatrist within the CEC, and spent four years working as the associate medical director at the Addiction Treatment Center at Naukeag, a dual-diagnosis, residential, alcohol and drug abuse facility. Dr. Frenz has trained and supervised many residents both at McLean and at UMass-Worcester.
Education & Training:
- 1996 ScB in Neuroscience, Brown University
- 2001 MD, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- 2001-2002 Internship in Internal Medicine, Salem Hospital
- 2002-2005 Psychiatry Residency, MGH/McLean Adult Psychiatric Residency Training Program
- 2006, 2016 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Belmont campus - Admissions Building