Abigail Stark, PhD
Staff Psychologist, McLean Anxiety Mastery Program
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Abigail Stark, PhD, is a staff psychologist at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) and McLean Hospital and an instructor in psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. She currently works within Acute Psychiatric Services in the emergency room at MGH and at the McLean Anxiety Mastery Program. She completed her undergraduate degree at Williams College, her PhD in clinical psychology at Suffolk University, her doctoral internship at Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School, and her post-doctoral fellowship at McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Stark’s past experiences include consultation work within the school system through the McLean School Consultation Service, dialectical behavior therapy work at the 3East Outpatient Program, and extensive anxiety and OCD work across a range of levels of care. Dr. Stark is interested in providing evidence-based care for children and adolescents with a focus on chronic emotion dysregulation, anxiety, and OCD.
Education & Training
- 2012 BA in Psychology and English, Williams College
- 2016 MS in Clinical Psychology, Suffolk University
- 2020 PhD in Clinical Psychology, Suffolk University
- 2019-2020 Clinical Psychology Internship, Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- 2020-2022 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- 2021 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts