Alex Jordan, PhD
Staff Psychologist, The Pavilion
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry, Part-Time
Alex Jordan, PhD, is a clinical psychologist providing behavioral case formulation and therapy for individuals with a wide range of psychiatric conditions at The Pavilion. Dr. Jordan’s treatment approach is science-based, and his research has been funded by the National Science Foundation, published in leading academic journals, and featured in The New York Times. He has special expertise in trauma-related disorders, having served previously as the PTSD expert evaluator for the federally funded Consortium to Alleviate PTSD.
In addition to his work at McLean Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Dr. Jordan maintains a private practice and is an adjunct professor at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College, where he also serves on the faculty of the Master of Health Care Delivery Science program. Previously, Dr. Jordan was an assistant professor at the Boston University School of Medicine.
Education & Training
- 2003 BA in Psychology, Harvard University
- 2008 MA in Psychology, Stanford University
- 2009 PhD in Psychology, Stanford University
- 2013 Certificate of Respecialization in Clinical Psychology, Suffolk University
- 2009-2012 Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Organizational Behavior and Strategic Management, Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth College
- 2012-2013 Clinical Internship, National Center for PTSD, Boston Consortium in Clinical Psychology
- 2013-2015 Clinical Research Fellowship, VA Boston Healthcare System
- 2014 Psychologist, Board of Psychology, State of Rhode Island
- 2015 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts