McLean Hospital Title:
- Clinical Outreach Manager, Marketing & Clinical Outreach
Alex S. Young, PsyD, started his career at McLean in 2006. Since then, Dr. Young has held numerous positions at the hospital in both clinical and research settings. His current position as a clinical outreach manager leverages his knowledge of the hospital with his clinical skill and passion for helping individuals, families, and other professionals find the best possible treatment in the most appropriate setting. He also represents McLean at conferences nationally.
Dr. Young earned his doctorate in clinical psychology from the Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology. He completed his pre-doctoral training at Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial VA Medical Center and was a post-doctoral fellow at Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates. Dr. Young has maintained a private practice treating adolescents and adults for over five years.
Education & Training:
- 2006 BA in Psychology, Wheaton College
- 2012 PsyD in Clinical Psychology, Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology
- 2012-2013 Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Clinical Psychology, Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates
- 2014 Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - Administration Building, Room 307