Alice W. Asby, MD, JD
Associate Psychiatrist, Adult Outpatient Services
- Instructor in Psychiatry, Part-Time
Since 2008, Alice W. Asby, MD, JD, has been a psychiatrist at McLean Hospital’s Adult Outpatient Services, where, using individual psychotherapy, group therapy, and psychiatric medications, she works with adults who have a variety of challenges, including mood disorders, anxiety disorders, relationship issues, and histories of trauma.
Prior to moving to the outpatient clinic, Dr. Asby was a psychiatrist at McLean’s Dissociative Disorders and Trauma Inpatient Program.
Education & Training
- 1980 BA in Economics and Political Science, Westhampton College, University of Richmond
- 1983 JD, University of Virginia School of Law
- 1992 Master of International Affairs, Columbia University School of International and Public Affairs
- 1998 MD, Eastern Virginia Medical School
- 1998-1999 Internship in Transitional Program, The Cambridge Hospital
- 1999-2002 Residency in Adult Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- 2001-2002 Fellowship in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute
- 2001 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2003, 2013 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology