McLean Hospital Title:
- Program Director, 3East DBT Outpatient Clinic
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Dr. Yaeger received her PsyD from Yeshiva University in Bronx, New York. While training at Montefiore Medical Center she became interested in borderline personality disorder in adolescence and the correlation this personality style shares with chronic suicidal ideation and self-harming behaviors. Dr. Yaeger specializes in dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), particularly in the treatment of adolescents and young adults. She has extensive experience treating and supervising the care of high-risk, multi-problem adolescents.
Dr. Yaeger developed and directs the 3East outpatient DBT program at McLean Hospital. Her research interests have included adolescent risk taking, focusing on substance abuse and self-harm. Presently, she is focused on evaluating treatment efficacy and investigating which individual and family factors may collaborate with family responsiveness to treatment.
Education & Training:
- 1995 BA, University at Buffalo
- 1999 MA, Yeshiva University
- 2003 PsyD, Yeshiva University
- 2001-2002 Pre-Doctoral Internship, Jewish Board of Children and Family Services, New York
- 2003-2004 Fellowship, Kaiser Permanente, Santa Rosa, California
Cambridge Outpatient - 799 Concord Avenue, Cambridge, MA