McLean Hospital Title:
- Staff Psychologist, Child and Adolescent OCD Institute
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Alyssa L. Faro, PhD, specializes in evidence-based treatments such as acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), and exposure and response prevention (ERP) therapy for anxiety disorders, depression, and obsessive compulsive disorder in both children and adults. As a licensed clinical psychologist, Dr. Faro treats children and adolescents at the Child and Adolescent OCD Institute (OCDI Jr.) at McLean Hospital, and in private practice.
Dr. Faro is involved in research and training in addition to her clinical work. Her research focuses on the associations between emotion socialization and internalizing disorders in youth. Additionally, she supervises clinical psychology doctoral students at OCDI Jr.
Education & Training:
- 2009 BA in Psychology, Connecticut College
- 2013 MA in Clinical Psychology, Clark University
- 2017 PhD in Clinical Psychology, Clark University
- 2016-2017 Clinical Psychology Pre-Doctoral Internship, University of Massachusetts Medical School/Worcester Recovery Center and Hospital
- 2017-2018 Clinical Psychology Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital
- 2018 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - East House, Room 161