Alyssa L. Faro, PhD
Director of Clinical Services, Child and Adolescent OCD Institute
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Alyssa L. Faro, PhD, is the director of Clinical Services at the Child and Adolescent OCD Institute (OCDI Jr.) at McLean. Dr. Faro is a licensed clinical psychologist and specializes in evidence-based treatments, such as acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), and exposure and response prevention (ERP) therapy, for anxiety disorders, depression, and obsessive compulsive disorder across the life span. In her role at OCDI Jr., she oversees clinical training, programming, admissions, and supervision.
Prior to her work at McLean, Dr. Faro completed her pre-doctoral internship at UMass Medical School/Worcester Recovery Center and Hospital, and a post-doctoral fellowship at Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital, where she trained extensively in providing cognitive behavioral interventions in both psychiatric and medical settings.
Education & Training
- 2009 BA in Psychology, Connecticut College
- 2013 MA in Clinical Psychology, Clark University
- 2017 PhD in Clinical Psychology, Clark University
- 2016-2017 Clinical Psychology Pre-Doctoral Internship, University of Massachusetts Medical School/Worcester Recovery Center and Hospital
- 2017-2018 Clinical Psychology Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital
- 2018 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2022 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Psychologists, State of New Hampshire