Andrea Pliakas, MD
Staff Psychiatrist, Clinical Evaluation Center
- Instructor in Psychiatry, Part-Time
Andrea Pliakas, MD has worked at McLean Hospital since her graduation from the MGH/McLean Adult Psychiatry Residency Training Program in 2009. Concurrent with her last year of residency she was a clinical fellow in college mental health at Harvard University Health Services and post-graduation she completed a two-year psychodynamic psychotherapy fellowship at Faulkner Hospital.
Dr. Pliakas currently works at McLean’s Clinical Evaluation Center, a program that provides acute psychiatric assessment, where she enjoys working as a part of a multidisciplinary team and providing supervision to medical students and residents. Dr. Pliakas has a special interest in the treatment of anxiety disorders.
Education & Training
- 1999 BS in Behavioral Neuroscience, Northeastern University
- 2005 MD, University of Vermont College of Medicine
- 2005-2006 Internship in Medicine and Psychiatry, Newton Wellesley Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital, McLean Hospital
- 2006-2009 Residency in Psychiatry, Adult Psychiatry Residency Training Program, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- 2008-2009 Chief Resident, Clinical Evaluation Center, McLean Hospital
- 2008-2009 Clinical Fellowship in College Mental Health, Harvard University Health Services
- 2009-2011 Adams House Psychodynamic Psychotherapy Fellowship, Faulkner Hospital
- 2007 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2010 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 2012 Addiction Medicine, American Board of Addiction Medicine