McLean Hospital Title:
- Assistant Psychologist, Adult Outpatient Services
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Clinical Fellow in Psychiatry
Andrew D. Peckham, PhD, is a post-doctoral research fellow in the Behavioral Health Partial Hospital Program at McLean Hospital and a clinical fellow in psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. His research focuses on the relationship between cognitive functioning and emotion regulation in mental illness, particularly bipolar disorder. In addition, he studies cognitive mechanisms underlying mood-based impulsivity across disorders, as well as the development of new treatments for this type of impulsivity.
Dr. Peckham completed his doctoral training at the University of California, Berkeley, where he conducted research in Dr. Sheri Johnson’s Cal Mania program. His graduate research was partly supported by an institutional training grant in neuroscience and treatment development from the NIMH, and his dissertation research on cognitive training for impulsivity was funded by the Society for a Science of Clinical Psychology.
Education & Training:
- 2009 BA in Psychology, Boston University
- 2014 MA in Psychology, University of California, Berkeley
- 2017 PhD in Clinical Science, University of California, Berkeley
- 2016-2017 Pre-Doctoral Internship, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
Belmont campus - Recreation Building, Room G05