McLean Hospital Title:
- Staff Psychiatrist, Cognitive Neuropsychiatry Program
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Anil Varma Vatsavayi, MD, MPH, is a geriatric psychiatrist and researcher at McLean Hospital’s Cognitive Neuropsychiatry Program. His clinical interests include neurodegenerative and neuropsychiatric conditions affecting older adults. His approach revolves around improving quality of life for elderly patients by minimizing distressing symptoms and providing support to caregivers to better cope with challenges and potential major transitions.
Dr. Vatsavayi is a co-investigator in research projects at the Geriatric Psychiatry Research Program. His current clinical trial engagements include investigating potential monoclonal antibody disease-modifying therapy for early stages of Alzheimer’s disease, examining endocannabinoid compound—dronabinol—as a medication option for moderate to severe behavioral dysregulation in patients with major neurocognitive disorder, and investigating a novel device—low field magnetic stimulation—to treat bipolar depression in older adults.
Education & Training:
- 2002 MD, Andhra Medical College/Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences
- 2007 MPH, Northern Illinois University
- 2007-2011 Psychiatry Residency, Mount Sinai Beth Israel
- 2011-2012 Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- 2012-2014 Neuropsychiatry Research Fellowship, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- 2012 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 2012 Medical License, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- 2014 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - South Belknap, Room 313