McLean Hospital Title:
- Research Fellow, Laboratory of Preclinical Pharmacology
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Research Fellow in Psychiatry
Ann Iturra-Mena, PhD, is a post-doctoral research fellow at McLean’s Laboratory of Preclinical Pharmacology. She received her PhD at the University of Valparaiso, Chile, in January 2019, where her thesis focused on the effect of stress on gamma oscillations during spontaneous social interaction. She joined the Laboratory of Preclinical Pharmacology under Dr. Carol Paronis in September 2019.
Dr. Iturra-Mena’s research focuses on understanding the electrophysiological dynamics of the brain that underlie the cognitive and behavioral alterations that are related to neuropsychiatric disorders as well as elucidating the effect of pharmacological compounds on brain electrical activity. Dr. Iturra-Mena is currently using in vivo electrophysiology to search for biomarkers of cognitive control in a study that includes a preclinical and clinical component. She is also implementing a novel non-invasive electrophysiological procedure for preclinical pharmacological research.
Education & Training:
- 2007 BS in Psychology, University Del Mar, Chile
- 2010 MA in Education, Autonomous University of Chile, Chile
- 2015 MS in Biological Sciences, University of Valparaiso, Chile
- 2019 PhD in Neuroscience, University of Valparaiso, Chile
- 2015-2018 CONICYT Fellowship for Doctoral Studies, Advanced Human Capital Program, Comisión Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología, Chile
- 2017-2018 Visiting Fellowship, Advanced Human Capital Program, Comisión Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología, Chile/Center for Depression, Anxiety and Stress Research. McLean Hospital
- 2018-2019 Visiting Fellowship, Advanced Human Capital Program, Comisión Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología, Chile/Picower Institute for Learning and Memory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Belmont campus - Oaks Building