McLean Hospital Title:
- Nurse Director, Short Term Unit
Ann Rapoport, MSN, RN, PCNS, is the nurse director of the Short Term Unit, where she supervises nursing care for the inpatient treatment of adults with a variety of psychiatric diagnoses, including mood disorders. Ms. Rapoport also oversees the expansion of the program which will result in almost double the current capacity. She specializes in the nursing care of adults and older adults, especially those with mood disorders, and in nursing management of acute inpatient units.
Since joining McLean in 1981, Ms. Rapoport has served as nurse director of various programs, including the Older Adult Program, and was previously nursing supervisor for the hospital from 1985 to 1996. Prior to joining McLean, she held roles at Mass Mental Health Center and the Human Resources Institute.
Education & Training:
- 1973 BS in Nursing, Boston College
- 1979 Masters in Adult Psychiatric Nursing, Boston College
- 1973 Registered Nurse, Board of Registration in Nursing, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 1983 Advanced Practice Nursing, American Nurses Association
Belmont campus - Admissions Building, Room 118