McLean Hospital Title:
- Nurse Director, Cognitive Neuropsychiatry Program
Anne Huntington MSN, RN-BC, has spent her nursing career as a healthcare provider, advocate, and educator. She has worked with and learned from patients and staff from many different cultures, socioeconomic backgrounds, and healthcare systems, in a world-renowned cancer institution, a rural community hospital, and as a visiting nurse in patient homes.
Ms. Huntington has a great appreciation and sensitivity to those struggling with physical and psychiatric pain. In 2000, she moved from working with medical patients, to those in need of psychiatric care, specializing in the geriatric population. Soon after, she went from staff nurse to management. Her joy is patient care, teaching, and demonstrating to staff how to provide skilled care with compassion and respect, while maintaining the patient’s dignity. Ms. Huntington’s passion is educating staff, families, and community to understand mental illness, with the hope that someday mental health stigma will be eliminated.
Education & Training:
- 1978 RN Diploma, New England Baptist Hospital School of Nursing
- 1998 BSN, Northeastern University
- 2010 MSN in Leadership and Management, Framingham State University
- 1980 Registered Nurse, Department of Health and Human Services, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2014 Psychiatric Nursing, American Nurses Credentialing Center
Belmont campus - South Belknap, Room 229C