McLean Hospital Title:
- Staff Psychologist, Center of Excellence in Alcohol, Drugs, and Addiction
- Research Psychologist, Alcohol, Drug, and Addiction Clinical Research Program
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Blake T. Hilton, PsyD, is a clinical and research psychologist in the Center of Excellence in Alcohol, Drugs, and Addiction at McLean Hospital. He is also the director of the outpatient trauma track in the Alcohol, Drug, and Addiction Treatment Program. Dr. Hilton’s clinical and research activities focus on individuals with substance use disorders and co-occurring psychiatric diagnoses. He has specialized training in evidence-based treatments including cognitive processing therapy, prolonged exposure, cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), CBT for insomnia, and acceptance and commitment therapy.
Dr. Hilton’s research interests include risk and protective factors related to the development of substance use disorders, substance misuse among American Indians/Alaska Natives, opioid overdose and withdrawal, medication-assisted treatment stigma, and the role of sleep in recovery.
Education & Training:
- 2012 BA in Psychology, University of Central Oklahoma
- 2014 MA in Psychology, Loma Linda University
- 2017 PsyD in Clinical Psychology, Loma Linda University
- 2016-2017 Pre-Doctoral Internship, James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center
- 2017-2018 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- 2018 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - Administration Building, Room G04A