Carlos Rios Cataldo, PsyD
Staff Psychologist, Belmont Adolescent Partial Hospital Program
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Carlos Rios Cataldo, PsyD, is a clinical psychologist at McLean’s Belmont Adolescent Partial Hospital Program, which provides intensive treatment to adolescents with emotional and behavioral difficulties. He is also an instructor in psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Cataldo specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of teens and young adults who struggle with emotional dysregulation, self-injurious behavior, trauma, interpersonal conflict, and suicidal ideation. He utilizes an integrative treatment approach that incorporates interventions from dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), psychodynamic therapy, and other evidence-based treatments.
Education & Training
- 2010 BA in Psychology, Boston University
- 2018 PsyD, William James College
- 2017-2018 Pre-Doctoral Internship, Baruch College/City University of New York
- 2018-2019 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Adolescent Acute Residential Treatment Program, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- 2020 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts