McLean Hospital Title:
- Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist, Psychiatric Neurotherapeutics Program
Christine L. Picard, MSN, PMHCNS-BC, started her career at McLean Hospital in 1987 as a registered nurse on an inpatient unit. She continued her work with inpatients on an adolescent unit at the UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute while completing her advanced degree as a psychiatric clinical nurse specialist. Since that time she has worked in various settings, including a residential treatment center housing young boys who have emotional and behavioral problems, as well as with college students in university mental health services. In 1997, she completed a certificate program in psychoanalysis.
Prior to returning to McLean, she worked with veterans on an inpatient addiction and detox unit. Ms. Picard has also worked in McLean’s Clinical Evaluation Center. She has been working in the Psychiatric Neurotherapeutics Program at McLean since 2015 and maintains a private practice in Belmont.
Education & Training:
- 1987 BSN, University of Massachusetts, Boston
- 1991 MSN, University of California, Los Angeles
- 1987 Registered Nurse, Board of Registration in Nursing, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 1991 Adult Psychiatric Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist, American Nurses Credentialing Center
- 2006 Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist, Board of Registration in Nursing, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2006 MCSR Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, Board of Registration in Nursing, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - de Marneffe Building, Room G03