Christine L. Picard, MSN, PMHCNS-BC
Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist, Psychiatric Neurotherapeutics Program
Christine L. Picard, MSN, PMHCNS-BC, started her career at McLean Hospital in 1987 as a registered nurse on an inpatient unit. She continued her work with adolescent inpatients at the UCLA Neuropsychiatric Institute while completing her advanced degree as a psychiatric clinical nurse specialist. She has since worked in various settings, including a residential treatment center housing young boys who have emotional and behavioral problems, with college students in university mental health services, and with veterans on an inpatient addiction and detox unit.
In 1997, Ms. Picard completed a certificate program in psychoanalysis. In 2021, she received a certificate in electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) from the International Society for ECT and Neurostimulation. At McLean, Ms. Picard has also worked in the Clinical Evaluation Center. Since 2015, she has been working in McLean’s Psychiatric Neurotherapeutics Program and also maintains a private practice in Belmont.
Education & Training
- 1987 BSN, University of Massachusetts, Boston
- 1991 MSN, University of California, Los Angeles
- 1987 Registered Nurse, Board of Registration in Nursing, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 1991 Adult Psychiatric Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist, American Nurses Credentialing Center
- 2006 Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist, Board of Registration in Nursing, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2006 MCSR Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, Board of Registration in Nursing, Commonwealth of Massachusetts