McLean Hospital Title:
- Prescriptive Authority Nurse, Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) Service
Christopher A. Hicks, MSN, APRN, PMHNP-BC, is a dedicated psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner with a wealth of clinical experience providing direct patient care across the life span to inpatient and outpatient populations. He specializes in the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of a variety of psychiatric disorders including mood disorders, anxiety disorders, psychotic disorders, substance use disorders, and PTSD, with expertise in electroconvulsive therapy and other neuromodulation techniques as well as mediation treatment approaches.
After becoming a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner in 2014, he spent five years in the nurse corps providing care to a challenging rural health population in northwest Montana, focusing on implementation of integrated care with mental health/primary care, virtual health visits, and medication assisted treatments. He has since returned to the McLean ECT Service where he began his nursing career in 2013.
Education & Training:
- 2011 BS in Exercise Science/Kinesiology, University of Montana
- 2014 BSN in Nursing, MGH Institute of Health Professions
- 2014 MSN, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, MGH Institute of Health Professions
- 2013 Registered Nurse, Department of Health and Human Services, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2014 Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, American Nurses Credentialing Center
- 2019 Certified Nurse Practitioner, Department of Health and Human Services, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2019 MCSR Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, Department of Health and Human Services, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - de Marneffe Building, Room G003