McLean Hospital Title:
- Associate Medical Director, Belmont Adolescent Partial Hospital Program
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Dana B. Sarvey, MD, is a child and adolescent psychiatrist who specializes in treating adolescents with co-occurring substance use disorders and severe mood and anxiety disorders. She is currently the associate medical director of the Belmont Adolescent Partial Hospital Program at McLean Hospital. Dr. Sarvey utilizes a variety of treatment modalities in her clinical work including motivational interviewing, CBT, basic DBT skill use, medication evaluation and management, psychodynamic psychotherapy, as well as family psychotherapy.
Dr. Sarvey is committed to the mission of providing ongoing clinical and didactic training for medical students, psychiatry residents, and child and adolescent psychiatry fellows who routinely rotate through the partial hospitalization program as a part of their medical and psychiatric education. She is also involved in ongoing research and quality improvement projects at the program, examining the relationship between substance use and co-occurring psychiatric illness in adolescents, as well as evaluating the effects of short-term residential treatment on substance use behaviors.
Education & Training:
- 1999 BS in Biochemistry, Syracuse University
- 2003 MD, Albany Medical College
- 2003-2006 Adult Psychiatry, Harvard Longwood Psychiatry Residency Training Program
- 2006-2008 Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship, New York-Presbyterian Hospital Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Residency Training Program
- 2009 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 2013 Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Belmont campus - East House