McLean Hospital Title:
- Clinical Psychologist, 3East
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Daniel Zwillenberg, PsyD, is a clinical psychologist at McLean Hospital’s 3East adolescent DBT program. He is also an instructor in psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. Prior to moving to Massachusetts in 2013, Dr. Zwillenberg served as the director of Externship Training at Cognitive and Behavioral Consultants, a practice run by Drs. Alec Miller and Lata McGinn.
Dr. Zwillenberg was trained in DBT at Bellevue Hospital Center, where he treated adults with borderline personality disorder. He completed his dissertation on the relationship between religiosity and attitudes toward homosexuality among Orthodox Jews. Dr. Zwillenberg is author of the book Anxiety and Panic Attacks: Your Questions Answered. Before his career in psychology, Dr. Zwillenberg played the drums professionally, and he has maintained a strong interest in the role of music as a catalyst for therapeutic change.
Zwillenberg D. Anxiety and panic attacks: your questions answered. Greenwood: Santa Barbara, CA, 2018.
Education & Training:
- 2004 BA in Psychology, Yeshiva College
- 2007 MS in School Psychology, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University
- 2010 PsyD in Clinical Psychology, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University
- 2008-2009 Clinical Psychology Externship, Bellevue Hospital Center, Intensive Personality Disorder Program
- 2009-2010 Clinical Psychology Internship, Long Island Jewish Medical Center-The Zucker Hillside Hospital
- 2010-2011 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Cognitive and Behavioral Consultants of Manhattan and Westchester
- 2014 Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts (#9806)
Belmont campus - East House, Room 310