McLean Hospital Title:
- Psychiatrist, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Institute
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Associate Professor of Psychiatry
Darin D. Dougherty, MD, MMSc, is a psychiatrist at the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Institute, a residential treatment facility for the treatment of obsessive compulsive and related disorders at McLean Hospital. He has worked at the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Institute since its opening in 1997.
Additionally, Dr. Dougherty serves as the director of the Division of Neurotherapeutics at Massachusetts General Hospital, which is devoted to the treatment of psychiatric illness with devices and/or surgical interventions.
Dougherty DD, Rauch SL, eds. Psychiatric neuroimaging research: contemporary strategies. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Publishing, 2001.
Dougherty DD, Rauch SL, Rosenbaum JF, eds. Essentials of neuroimaging for clinical practice. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Publishing, 2004.
Hudak R, Dougherty DD, eds. Clinical obsessive-compulsive disorders in adults and children. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 2011.
Camprodon J, Rauch SL, Greenberg BD, Dougherty DD, eds. Psychiatric neurotherapeutics: contemporary surgical and device-based treatments. New York: Humana Press, 2015.
Education & Training:
- 1989 BS in Biology, University of Illinois
- 1989 BA in English, University of Illinois
- 1993 MD, University of Illinois
- 1999 MMSc in Clinical Investigation, Harvard Medical School
- 1994-1997 General Psychiatry Residency, Massachusetts General Hospital
- 1997-1999 Clinical Investigator Training Program, Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology
- 1995 Massachusetts Medical License Registration
- 1998 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Belmont campus - North Belknap