David Frederick, MD
Medical Director, Appleton
- Instructor in Psychiatry
David Frederick, MD, earned his medical degree from the Tufts University School of Medicine and completed his psychiatry residency training at Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital. He serves as the medical director of McLean’s Appleton residential program, treating chronic psychotic and bipolar disorders.
Dr. Frederick has earned teaching awards for his work with medical students and residents. He is co-director of the Clinician Educator Program for the Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital Psychiatry Residency Training Program, which trains residents to become clinician-educators.
Education & Training
- 2007 BA in Biology, Brandeis University
- 2016 MD, Tufts University School of Medicine
- 2016-2017 Internship in Internal Medicine, Newton Wellesley Hospital
- 2017-2019 Residency in Psychiatry, Adult Psychiatry Residency Training Program, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- 2019-2020 Chief Resident in Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorders, Adult Psychiatry Residency Training Program, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- 2019 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts