McLean Hospital Title:
- Director, Forensic Psychiatry Service
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychiatry, Part-Time
David Rosmarin, MD, heads the Forensic Service at McLean, which focuses on risk management with emphasis on risk assessment for violence and suicide. He also performs varied special assessments in medico-legal matters. Dr. Rosmarin has evaluated over 150 murderers. He consulted to the U.S. government intelligence community for a decade, holding TS/SCI security clearance. He consults widely to industry, municipalities, and licensing boards on risk assessment, fitness for duty, ADA matters, and difficult employees.
Dr. Rosmarin is a distinguished life fellow of the American Psychiatric Association and received the Red Apple Award from the American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law, where he chairs the Committee on Peer Review. He has lectured nationally on topics such as legal insanity, capital punishment, psychiatric ethics, suicide assessment, workplace violence, and assessment of emotional damages.
Education & Training:
- 1974 AB in Neuroscience, Colgate University
- 1980 MD, Boston University School of Medicine
- 1985-1987 Resident in Psychiatry, University of Massachusetts Medical Center
- 1987-1988 Chief Resident, Forensic Psychiatry, University of Massachusetts Medical Center
- 1981 Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners
- 1982 Massachusetts Medical License (#49386)
- 1989 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 1994 Forensic Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Recertified 2002, 2014
Belmont campus - Wyman Building, Room B09