Edward L. Lyons, MSN, RN, PMHCNS-BC
Nurse Director, McLean SouthEast at Oak Street Admissions
Edward Lyons, MSN, RN, PMHCNS-BC is a psychiatric clinical nurse specialist, provider, and nurse director for McLean SouthEast at Oak Street Admissions. At McLean SouthEast at Oak Street, he provides clinical services to adults with psychiatric illness, as well as administrative oversight of the admissions department.
Prior to coming to McLean, Mr. Lyons had a variety of administrative and clinical experiences, with his career beginning as a mental health worker in Massachusetts institutional settings in 1980, followed by medical-surgical nursing, and later 30 years in inpatient, emergency, military, and outpatient settings. Prior to coming to McLean, he was providing clinical services to persistently ill patients at a community mental health center.
Education & Training
- 1989 ADN, Massachusetts Bay Community College
- 1996 BA in Psychology, Rhode Island College
- 2002 MSN, University of Rhode Island
- 1989 Registered Nurse, Board of Registration in Nursing, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 1990 Registered Nurse, State of Rhode Island
- 2003 Clinical Nurse Specialist, Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- 2003 Advance Practice Registered Nurse, State of Rhode Island
- 2021 Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist, Board of Registration in Nursing, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2021 MCSR Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, Board of Registration in Nursing, Commonwealth of Massachusetts