Elisabeth Moes, PhD, ABPP/ABCN
Staff Psychologist, Neuropsychology Department
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Elisabeth Moes, PhD, ABPP/ABCN, is a board certified clinical neuropsychologist with a broad range of inpatient and outpatient experience, having previously directed a neurobehavioral unit for McLean Hospital, as well as a neuropsychiatric unit and a dual diagnosis program elsewhere. Dr. Moes has taught graduate and undergraduate courses in neuropsychology and addiction. In her private practice she does independent evaluations for insurance companies, and specializes in expert work in civil cases, typically involving brain injury.
Dr. Moes was a founding member and president of the Massachusetts Neuropsychological Society (2004-2005). She co-authored The Consumer-Oriented Neuropsychological Report, designed to assist neuropsychologists in enhancing the practical utility of their reports. Research interests have focused on attention and fatigue and the role of neurotransmitters, especially dopamine. Dr. Moes enjoys working with elderly individuals to enhance their quality of life.
The Consumer-Oriented Neuropsychological Report
Edited by Carmen G. Armengol, PhD, ABPP, Edith Kaplan, PhD, ABPP, and Elisabeth J. Moes, PhD, ABPP
(Psychological Assessment Resources, 2001)
Education & Training
- 1976 MA in Psychology, University of Edinburgh, Scotland
- 1983 PhD in Psychology, Pennsylvania State University
- 1981-1982 Clinical Neuropsychology Internship, Boston VA Medical Center
- 1984 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 1998 Clinical Neuropsychology, American Board of Professional Psychology