McLean Hospital Title:
- Staff Psychologist, Neuropsychology Department
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Elise I. Welton, PsyD, is a clinical neuropsychologist specializing in the evaluation of adult and geriatric patients presenting with cognitive changes in the context of neurological, medical, and psychiatric illness. She received training in neuropsychology and psychodynamic therapy at Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology. Dr. Welton was also trained in dementia clinics at Columbia University and Weill-Cornell Medical Center, and continued neuropsychology training at the Manhattan VAMC. She completed a neuropsychology-emphasis internship at the Miami VAMC, then fulfilled a two-year post-doctoral fellowship at Montefiore Medical Center where she gained experienced assessing children ages 8-18, in addition to adult/geriatric cognitive evaluations.
Dr. Welton enjoys integrating results from neuropsychological and psychodiagnostic measures to help patients and their providers gain insight into domains of functioning which may serve as sources of strength, as well as those which may be the target of intervention.
Education & Training:
- 2009 BA in Psychology and Brain & Cognitive Sciences, University of Rochester
- 2014 PsyD in Clinical Psychology, Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology, Yeshiva University
- 2013-2014 Clinical Psychology Internship, Miami VAMC
- 2014-2016 Fellowship, Montefiore Medical Center
- 2015 Licensed Clinical Psychologist, New York State
- 2017 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - South Belknap, Room 302