Eliza W. Menninger, MD
Medical Director, Behavioral Health Partial Hospital Program
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
Eliza W. Menninger, MD, is the medical director of the Behavioral Health Partial Hospital Program where she treat patients with various diagnoses, most frequently major depression, bipolar, schizophrenia, and schizoaffective. As a means of providing continuity of care, she also sees patients in the Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder Outpatient Clinic. She speaks at many local hospitals and at other institutions on her experiences with patients with bipolar and psychotic disorders.
Additionally, Dr. Menninger teaches interviewing skills to psychiatry residents, medical students and psychology interns. This involves direct observation of student interviews. She has spoken on “The Art of Interviewing” nationally, and is passionate about ensuring clinicians value the connection they develop with patients from the first interview.
Education & Training
- 1982 BA, Middlebury College
- 1987 MD, Harvard Medical School
- 1987-1991 Adult Psychiatry Residency, McLean Hospital
- 1991-1992 Mental Health Student Fellowship, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 1988 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 1992 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology