McLean Hospital Title:
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Stress, Anxiety, and Substance Use Laboratory
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Clinical Fellow in Psychology in the Department of Psychiatry
Elizabeth T. Kneeland, PhD, is a post-doctoral research fellow in the Stress, Anxiety, and Substance Use Laboratory at McLean Hospital and a clinical fellow in psychology in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. Dr. Kneeland specializes in cognitive behavioral therapy for patients with substance use disorders and a range of co-occurring psychiatric disorders. Her current clinical research focuses on cognitive vulnerabilities that maintain substance use disorders and increase relapse risk, such has how controllable individuals view physical pain and emotional distress.
In 2019, Dr. Kneeland received Harvard Medical School’s Livingston Fellowship Award to support her research examining the effects of escaping physical pain on pain-related fear and craving in individuals with alcohol use disorder and chronic pain.
Education & Training:
- 2010 BA, Amherst College
- 2015 MS, Yale University
- 2016 MPhil, Yale University
- 2018 PhD, Yale University
- 2017-2018 Pre-Doctoral Internship in Clinical Psychology, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- 2018-Present Research Fellowship, Stress, Anxiety, and Substance Use Laboratory, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
Belmont campus - Administration Building, Room G06A