Elizabeth Liebson, MD
Staff Psychiatrist, Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder Inpatient Program
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
Elizabeth Liebson, MD, is a psychiatrist at the Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder Inpatient Program, dividing her time between clinical work and teaching psychiatry residents and medical students. She is particularly interested in phenomenology and evaluation of first breaks. Dr. Liebson has been a member of the staff at McLean since 2006.
While primarily a clinician, Dr. Liebson has experience as an investigator in several disciplines relevant to clinical neuroscience research including nosology and clinical pharmacology.
Education & Training
- 1982 BA, Wellesley College
- 1986 MD, New York University School of Medicine
- 1987-1990 Psychiatry Residency, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- 1990-1991 Psychiatry Residency, Beth Israel Hospital
- 1991-1993 Behavioral Neurology Fellowship, Boston University, Boston VA Hospital
- 1991 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 1993 Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology