McLean Hospital Title:
- Associate Psychologist, Anxiety and Traumatic Stress Disorders Laboratory
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Assistant Professor of Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Elizabeth Olson, PhD, focuses her research on the neurobiological bases of decision-making and executive functioning. She completed graduate school in clinical psychology at the University of Minnesota. Her dissertation involved behavioral and neuroimaging analyses of longitudinal delay and probability discounting and neuroimaging data, demonstrating within-subject change in delay discounting but not probability discounting over the course of adolescent development. She completed a pre-doctoral internship and two-year post-doctoral fellowship in adult clinical neuropsychology.
Dr. Olson is currently a researcher in the Center for Depression, Anxiety and Stress Research. She has expanded her ability to use multimodal neuroimaging techniques as well as behavioral paradigms to examine mechanisms underlying mood and anxiety disorders. She is increasingly interested in the neurobiological basis for alterations in social behavior following trauma exposure.
Education & Training:
- 2002 BA, Haverford College
- 2008 MA, University of Minnesota
- 2010 PhD, University of Minnesota
- 2010-2012 Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Clinical Neuropsychology, Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts Mental Health Center, Division of Public Psychiatry, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Belmont campus - de Marneffe Building, Room 226