McLean Hospital Title:
- Staff Psychiatrist, Child and Adolescent Outpatient Services
Elizabeth Tomlinson, MD, is an outpatient child psychiatrist with 30 years experience in community mental health. She is presently working in the McLean Anxiety Mastery Program, the School Consultation Program, and doing evaluations in the Child and Adolescent Outpatient Services for pediatricians and the community.
Dr. Tomlinson has special expertise in evaluating children with autism spectrum disorder, trauma exposure, and ADHD in addition to general child psychiatry. She is the recipient of the 2007 “Unsung Hero” award from the foundation Shield Our Children From Harm.
Education & Training:
- 1975 BA, St. John’s College
- 1980 MD, George Washington Medical School
- 1980-1981 Internship, University of Virginia
- 1981-1982 Psychiatry Residency, University of Virginia
- 1982-1984 Psychiatry Residency, Cambridge Hospital
- 1984-1985 Student Health Services Fellowship, Harvard Student Health Services
- 1984-1988 Child Fellowship, Cambridge Hospital
- 1984 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 1992 Adult Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- 1994 Child Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
Cambridge Outpatient - 799 Concord Avenue, Cambridge, MA