McLean Hospital Title:
- Staff Psychologist, Fernside
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry, Part-Time
Elsie A. Uffelmann, PhD, is a clinical psychologist specializing in the treatment of individuals having co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders. She provides evidence-based individual and group psychotherapy through cognitive behavioral and dialectical behavior treatment approaches. She also has particular expertise in emotion focused therapy within the existential-humanistic tradition.
Dr. Uffelmann’s research background is in the areas of mental health services and behavioral medicine. For her research concerning associations between nutrition and depression among individuals recovering from alcohol use disorders, she received awards from organizations such as the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism. Dr. Uffelmann has made presentations for mental health providers and for organizations such as the American Psychological Association and she has also served in editorial capacities for professional publications.
Education & Training:
- 1979 BA in Communications, Fordham University
- 1984 MA in Religious Studies, Assumption College
- 2006 MA in Clinical Psychology, Fielding Graduate University
- 2011 PhD in Clinical Psychology, Fielding Graduate University
- 2008-2009 Pre-Doctoral Internship, Comprehensive Outpatient Services
- 2012 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, YOU Inc.
- 2013 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Counseling and Assessment Clinic of Worcester
- 2015 Psychologist, Health Service Provider, Board of Registration in Psychology, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
978.464.2141, ext. 230
Fernside campus - 162 Mountain Road, Princeton, MA