McLean Hospital Title:
- Assistant in Psychology, Laboratory for Early Psychosis (LEAP) Center
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Clinical Fellow in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Emily E. Carol, PhD, is a assistant in psychology in the Laboratory for Early Psychosis (LEAP) Center. She is involved in the center’s research, clinical, outreach, and training initiatives. Dr. Carol’s clinical and research interests include the etiology, trajectory, and treatment of psychosis spectrum disorders, such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. She is particularly interested in biological stress systems and family relationships as a risk mechanism and treatment target for psychosis.
Dr. Carol has expertise in evidence-based treatments for adolescents and adults who are at risk for developing psychosis or are experiencing early symptoms of psychosis, depression, or anxiety. She has specific expertise in supporting college students and working with families who have a loved one with serious mental illness. Dr. Carol completed a clinical fellowship with the McLean College Mental Health Program, and she completed her pre-doctoral internship in McLean’s Behavioral Health Partial Hospital Program.
Education & Training:
- 2011 BS in Psychology and Religion, Mount Holyoke College
- 2015 MA in Psychology, University of Colorado, Boulder
- 2019 PhD in Clinical Psychology, University of Colorado, Boulder
- 2018-2019 Pre-Doctoral Internship, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- 2019-2020 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
Belmont campus - Admissions Building, Room S093