Erga Lemish, PhD
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Klarman Eating Disorders Center
- Clinical Fellow in Psychiatry
Erga Lemish, PhD, is a post-doctoral fellow at the Klarman Eating Disorders Center at McLean Hospital. She completed her APA-accredited pre-doctoral internship at the University of Albany Counseling and Psychological Services. She has experience working with children, adolescents, and adults in various clinical settings. Her research focuses on mind-body interventions and embodied movement practices (such as yoga and mindfulness) in eating disorder treatment and recovery.
Dr. Lemish’s clinical interests include eating disorders, OCD and anxiety, and PTSD and trauma, and she enjoys working with patients from diverse cultural backgrounds. Her clinical approach is grounded in psychodynamic and relational approaches, into which she integrates cognitive behavioral skills and tools from cognitive behavior therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, and acceptance and commitment therapy. In her role at the Klarman Eating Disorders Center, she conducts individual and group therapy.
Education & Training
- 2014 BA in Psychology, Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- 2021 PhD in Counseling Psychology, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
- 2020-2021 Pre-Doctoral Internship, Counseling and Psychological Services, University at Albany, The State University of New York
- 2021-2022 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Klarman Eating Disorders Center, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School