Esther Dechant, MD
Medical Director, Klarman Eating Disorders Center
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry
Esther Dechant, MD, received her medical degree from Harvard Medical School. She completed the residency program in psychiatry at Cambridge Hospital and a fellowship in child and adolescent psychiatry at Massachusetts General Hospital and McLean Hospital. Board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in psychiatry with subspecialty certification in child and adolescent psychiatry, Dr. Dechant is experienced in child, adolescent, and adult medication evaluation and management and psychotherapy.
Dr. Dechant currently serves as the medical director for the Klarman Eating Disorders Center and holds an appointment as an assistant professor in psychiatry at Harvard Medical School. Her private practice specializes in child, adolescent and adult psychotherapy, as well as child and adolescent medication evaluation and management.
Education & Training
- 1984 Diploma in Business Administration, Northern Alberta Institute of Technology, Edmonton, Alberta
- 1991 BS in Biology and Chemistry, Portland State University
- 1997 MD, Harvard Medical School
- 1997-1998 Internship in General Surgery, Beth Israel Medical Center
- 1998-2001 Residency in Psychiatry, Cambridge Hospital
- 2001-2003 Child and Adolescent Fellowship, Massachusetts General Hospital/McLean Hospital
- 1998 Medical License, Board of Registration in Medicine, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2003, 2013 Psychiatry, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology