McLean Hospital Title:
- Director of Training and Staff Development, Simches Center of Excellence in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Director, Post-Baccalaureate Fellowship Clinical Fellowship Program
- Director of Clinical Training, Belmont Adolescent Partial Hospital Program
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Fairlee C. Fabrett, PhD, is the director of training and staff development for McLean’s child and adolescent division. She oversees psychology training programs across the division and develops training for clinical staff. She is also the director of McLean’s post-baccalaureate clinical fellowship, through which she provides supervision and mentorship to recent undergraduates. Dr. Fabrett has extensive experience in evidence-based assessment and treatment for depression, anxiety, and behavioral disorders (including ADHD) in children and adolescents. She has expertise in individual, family, and group cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) and acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT).
A native of Mexico, Dr. Fabrett also has experience in providing culturally sensitive and effective treatments for individuals and families of minority groups. Her research interests have focused on the impact of acculturation on different outcomes such as adolescents’ academic aspirations, family conflict, and the way cognitive and family processes operate differently among minority populations.
Education & Training:
- 2004 BA in Psychology, The University of Arizona
- 2006 MA in Psychology, Arizona State University
- 2010 PhD in Clinical Psychology, Arizona State University
- 2009-2010 Pre-Doctoral Internship, Boston Children’s Hospital
- 2010-2011 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Adolescent Acute Residential Treatment Program, McLean Hospital
- 2012 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - White Building, Room 102