Fairlee C. Fabrett, PhD
Director of Training and Staff Development, Simches Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Director, Post-Baccalaureate Fellowship Clinical Fellowship Program
Coordinator, Child and Adolescent Track, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School Doctoral Internship in Clinical Psychology
- Assistant Professor of Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Fairlee C. Fabrett, PhD, is the director of training and staff development for McLean’s child and adolescent division. She oversees and develops psychology training programs across the division. Dr. Fabrett is the coordinator for the child and adolescent tracks of the McLean APA psychology internship. She is also the director of McLean’s post-baccalaureate child and adolescent clinical fellowship, through which she provides supervision and mentorship to recent college graduates. Dr. Fabrett is trained in cognitive behavior therapy and dialectical behavior therapy and has expertise in acceptance and commitment therapy.
As a native of Mexico, Dr. Fabrett has lived experience balancing the expectations placed by her culture and those imposed by her adopted country and culture. She strives to use her own acculturation story as a basis for understanding the stories and experiences of the trainees and patients she works with. Dr. Fabrett believes that race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and the breadth of experiences constitutive of identity are vital elements when providing treatment, creating training programs, and establishing supervision practices.
Education & Training
- 2004 BA in Psychology, The University of Arizona
- 2006 MA in Psychology, Arizona State University
- 2010 PhD in Clinical Psychology, Arizona State University
- 2009-2010 Pre-Doctoral Internship, Boston Children’s Hospital
- 2010-2011 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Adolescent Acute Residential Treatment Program, McLean Hospital
- 2012 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts