McLean Hospital Title:
- Research Fellow, Translational Neuroscience Laboratory
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Research Fellow in Psychiatry
Gabriele Chelini, PhD, started his career in neuroscience joining a PhD program at the University of Florence, where he acquired expertise in working with in vitro and in vivo electrophysiology in mouse models of neurodevelopmental disorders. During this training, he spent 8 months with the Hensch-Fagiolini lab at Harvard Medical School, enhancing his understanding of experience-dependent plasticity. During this experience at Harvard, he crossed paths with the Translational Neuroscience Laboratory at McLean Hospital, directed by Dr. Sabina Berretta, stimulating his interest in translational psychiatric research.
Dr. Chelini joined the Berretta lab in 2016 and divides his attention between animal model and postmortem research. His aim is to develop improved translational models in psychiatry. He is currently investigating the relationship between environment and synaptic plasticity in health and disease and will use this knowledge to unveil the complex mechanisms underlying psychiatric illnesses.
Education & Training:
- 2010 BS in General and Experimental Psychology, University of Florence, Italy
- 2012 MS in Experimental Psychology, University of Florence, Italy
- 2016 PhD in Neuroscience, University of Florence, Italy
- 2012-2015 Pegaso PhD Scholarship, Regione Toscana
- 2016-Present Research Fellowship, Translational Neuroscience Laboratory, McLean Hospital
- 2018-2019 Phyllis and Jerome Lyle Rappaport Mental Health Research Fellowship, McLean Hospital
Belmont campus - Mailman Research Center, Room 311