McLean Hospital Title:
- Assistant Neuroscientist, Behavioral Genetics Laboratory
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychiatry
Galen Missig, PhD, joined the laboratory of Dr. Bill Carlezon as a post-doctoral research fellow in fall of 2015. His research is focused on inflammatory dysregulation in autism spectrum disorders and examines how perturbations of the early perinatal environment may subsequently alter neurodevelopment and manifest in abnormal behaviors.
To investigate these questions, Dr. Missig draws on his prior background in behavioral and molecular neuroscience techniques, collaborates with a number of researchers in different disciplines, and leads a team of three researchers.
Education & Training:
- 2010 BS in Neuroscience and Psychology, University of Delaware
- 2015 PhD in Neuroscience, University of Vermont
- 2015-Present Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship, Behavioral Genetics Laboratory, McLean Hospital
- 2017-2018 Rappaport Fellowship, The Phyllis and Jerome Lyle Rappaport Foundation
Belmont campus - Mailman Research Center, Room 215