McLean Hospital Title:
- Program Director, 3East Girls Intensive and Step-Down Programs
Harvard Medical School Title:
- Instructor in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Gillian C. Galen, PsyD, is a senior child and adolescent psychologist specializing in dialectical behavioral therapy. She has extensive experience diagnosing and treating adolescents and young adults who struggle with emotion dysregulation, anxiety, depression, trauma, and self-endangering behaviors, such as self-injury and suicidal behaviors. She has worked closely with Dr. Michael Hollander to develop and run the clinical training program at 3East.
Dr. Galen has a particular interest in the use of mindfulness and yoga in the treatment of borderline personality disorder and psychiatric illnesses. She is the co-author of the books Mindfulness for Borderline Personality Disorder: Relieve Your Suffering Using the Core Skill of Dialectical Behavior Therapy and Coping with BPD: DBT and CBT Skills to Soothe the Symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder.
Aguirre B, Galen G. Mindfulness for borderline personality disorder: relieve your suffering using the core skill of dialectical behavior therapy. Oakland, CA: New Harbinger, 2013.
Aguirre B, Galen G. Coping with BPD: DBT and CBT skills to soothe the symptoms of borderline personality disorder. Oakland, CA: New Harbinger, 2015.
Education & Training:
- 2005 MA in Clinical Practices of Psychology, University of Hartford
- 2008 PsyD, University of Hartford
- 2008-2009 Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Adolescent DBT, 3East, McLean Hospital
- 2010 License in Clinical Psychology, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Belmont campus - East House, Room 313